Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Detail Views

defcon888

Hi everyone,

I am not new to CADD (23 years). I am though, new to Solidworks (somewhat). I know how to do what I am about to ask in Pro/E but just can't figure it out in Solid.

I havedetail view of a part say on SHEET 1. I want to take that detailed View and put it on a different sheet (i.e. 2 or 3 etc.).

I know it can be done...just can't figure it out. I know the answer is right under my nose...just can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advanced

Keith

create a new sheet, then on the left side of your screen, select the view by nameand drag it down under the desired sheet.

Thanks TTRASER,

I am a dork.....I knew it had to be that easy.

THe more and more I am using Solidworks, the more andmore I am liking it over Pro/E.

Thanks Again

after 3 years on CV 3/4, 16 years on UG, 5 years on Pro/E, 7 years on Solidworks, for what I use CAD for, I have to admit it myself, I kinda have a fancy towardsSolidworks as well. Im still not really liking some drawing things, but they are getting better.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back