Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BEND RADIUS

Smoky

Hi folks. I am trying to create a sheet metal part that is giving me problems that I can't figure out.

The part starts out as a rectangle 82.16 x 6.88 inches. This is placed at an angle to the origin, the angle is up 40.3 degrees from horizontal. The material is T-304 S.S. sheet 0.135 inches thick (#10 ga.).

Then I have placed a line on another sketch for a bend line. This line is approximately in the center of the length of the part, but vertical. The line is so I can usethe sketched bend feature.

When I try to bend this, I find I cannot get the bend radius to be any larger than 13.4375 and there is still a huge flat on each end. I need the radius to be approx. 30inch and cannot figure out why it won't let me go there.

It will allow me to move the bend by changing the placement of the bend line. I can move it 10-15 inches each way, but cannot change the radius.

Any ideas? thanks, Smoky SW2006

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back