Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly - dealing with multiple models

bnemec

All;

Working in SWorks 2006 and I would appreciate any input, techniques, suggestions and samples on how to accomplish the following.

I have a client that would like for me to package allot of components into an assembly (this is complete) and ultimately show a variety of configurations/models based upon this single mass assembly. I understand that this may not be the correct way to do this but am simply trying to accomodate. The end result will be a master assembly that has all of the potential components in it and a drawing with a table that depicts the various models and the parts that would be contained in each. I am thinking that a table with model numbers in the rows and all parts listed in individual columns will be the way to go. I would simply resume or suppress each part based upon model number to either show or not show the components. This will provide a BOM for each model as well but the ultimate goal is to have one drawing and one assembly that we can show all of the information with. I do not have the time or budget on this program to setup individual family tables unless someone can suggest a quick approach to the problem. Please advise asap as I need to update and make changes as necessary.

TIA

Bruce

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back