Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tekst on surface

mikyo

Hi there,

I have made a maker for a terminalblock. My problem is the number on the marker.
I used "sketch tekst" to make the number/tekst and then "wrap-scribe" it on to the surface of the part/marker. It worked, but i needed alot of markers with defferent numbers. Then i made configurations. In order to make it work i had to make a new wrap-feature for each configuration with the new number/tekst i needed. I don't think that's the best way to do it. It's alot of features if i have makers with number 1-1000..

How do i easely manage the numbers/teksts on the marker...? Is it possible to do it though a designtable...?

Or are there any other way to write tekst on a surface without using a feature..?

Best regards
Mikyo...

I have tried doing this, too, and I am stuck doing it the way you are. I have not found a way to get this to work using a design table, though it sure would be nice.

Hi Zlosk,

I have made a little macro the makes wrap/scribe features with a new number for each feature. It allso makes a configuration. But i dont know how to program with variables and stuff.

i know how the visual basic program should look like, but i just don't know all the commands yet...

Still learning...

Sorry for my spelling... I'm danish.. *LOL* as if it was an excuse..

Edited by: mikyo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back