Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bending Opposite

Yonesy

Is there a way to bend a sheet metal part in the opposite direction for use on mirrored assemblys? I can mirror the whole part but it would be easier to just fold the bends oppositely in a seperate configuration.

Thanks, Michael.

Hello Michael,

Maybe I don't understand what you mean but if you create a bend you can choose to bend up or down.

An other option is to create a new configuration at part level. You create an configuration. In the new configuration supress the bends you want to create for the opposite direction. After supressing you can recreate the bends now in the other direction. If you don switch to the first confiuration and check if the bends from the second configuration are supressed in the first configuration.

Al of this takes some time to do. Creating a mirrored part with the mirror function is much more easier and faster to do. So why don't use it.

With regards, Joop

Yes Rajesh.

Use the tool named sketched bend from the Sheet metal toolbar. After you create a line (the middle of the bend) and exit from the sketch,SW ask you to select aFIXED FACE. I think that function is EXACTLY what you are looking for.

Good luck !

[email protected] Is also the messenger ID if you wish contact me. But do not espect very much. I am a begener.

Note that my default status on messenger is INVISIBLE. Try contact me between 10 AM and 14 PM (Romanian time). If I am online I'll reply.
Edited by: Mihail

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back