Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Re-Orient Part

SWnovice

Greetings,

I have a number of ParaSolid assemblies that are now SW Assemblies. The parts are oriented in the way they were assembled. IE: A cabinet side is vertical, the top is horizontal, etc.

My question: How can I re-orient the part so the z axis is nomal to a face. I realize I will probably have to re-assemble the parts once this is done, although I'd prefer not to.

The reason is that another application will read the axis to determine how to handle each part, so this is pretty important.

Thanks a lot all, have a great day.

John

SO...

Does no one understand the question or does SW not have the ability.

-OR-

is this such a simple question that everyone is too disgusted to reply.

TIA,

J

<DIV>John,</DIV>
<DIV>THe way I understand your problem is you have several parts in an assemblyand you want thewant each partmodel orientation in the same relative orientation for your assembly.</DIV>
<DIV>The easiset thing to do is mate the assembly FRONT plane to each parts Front plane with a coincident or parallel plane. If you just want an orientation for viewing then click on the Front plane orientation.</DIV>

Hi John,
I am a new user to SW but heres my two cents worth.

I am guessing you have the component in the correct position but facing the wrong way?

Assuming the parts are all mated in your assembly.
I would delete the mate that is not correct and re-mate in the correct orientation.

hope this helps
pm

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back