Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Weird overdefinition scenario

jagboy

I am designing a 1:5 scale F1 car and am getting frustrated with some overdefinition problems. I resolved one problem after a couple hours and am facing another. Here is a picture:

toerod1029.jpg

The A-arms are connected with three ball joints (using concentric mates): two at the chassis plate and one at the upright on the brake assembly. This allows the arms to rotate about an axis and the axle to stay level with the ground. To keep the toe angle constant I added a rod with a ball joint at each end: one on the chassis plate and one on the upright. On the left side I was able to get this assembly put together and it works. I can move the brake assembly up and down but the toe angle stays constant. The weird thing is that the right side will not work even though it uses the exact same parts mated in the exact same way. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Please help!

JB

Edited by: jagboy

I think, you have an error in a kinematics chart. I do not see freely moving elements, if I understood you correctly, of course.

I finally got it fixed. I ended up putting the A-arms, ball pivots, and tie rod in the wheel assembly and for some reason it worked. I have another problem now, though. I can't attach the tie rod between the brake upright and the rocker. The wheel assembly moves freely, but it doesn't seem able to calculate that in when it tries to mate the rod ends. Even if the rocker was fixed, the A-arms would be able to pivot on the ball joints and allow the brake assembly to move. It doesn't work though. It's driving me nuts. Is there a mating hierarchy I should know about? Does the order of the mates make a difference? Thanks for helping.

JB

You said you put the tie rod in the wheel assembly because of the initial problem. Did you try leaving the tie rods out of the wheel assembly (leaving your other changes in place), and putting them on at the next assembly level?

Also, are the tie rods fixed in length?

<div>< id="ciba_grabword_plugin" ="application/ciba-grabword-plugin" height="0" ="true" width="0">Regarding this Michael Kors Shoulder Bag, Michael Kors Outlet Maintain it blended up each one of the deserves of the purse One of the most notable is zippered and also the two greatest handles are linked in direction of bag with rings michael kors outlet Michael Kors Outlet www.michaelkorsoutletcvs.com The gathering is cost-effective regarding ?The 1st is zippered in addition to the two surpass handles are coordinated in your bag with rings Martins It is aflexible rubber traction outsole* A magnetic snap closure But with what approach have you ever michael kors bag been inside of a extremely placement to turn to accumulate the leading focus?
An item of amazing purse can help you many, at the same time to the motive that Michael Kors Purses will try this devoid of any suspicionWhat considerably michael kors wallets a lot extra, the adaptable purse very easily matches with most outfits in the Michael Kors Handbags Outlet closet michael kors handbagsAlthough exotic in its sensation, I think it can having said that be cozy to carry, and recognizing this completes your about the total stylish get there really should really really go on on to take care of you flaunting it supplemental michael michael kors Now a diva of types, Kors chose to alter his recognize to Michael David Kors These baggage are more substantial and developed to aid sustain an excellent offer a lot additional itemsMichael Kors may be an on the web designer that format trendy garments and add-ons for ladiesIf you are searching for a classy view Michael Kors Purses, you don't normally need to be paying for your new get pleasure from from one of the market place giants For added comfort and ease and simplicity, it definitely is lined with leather-based andhas an insole cushioning Most significantly the everyday of fabric that's unquestionably used on your stitching of all those purses is usually paramount
You would possibly study fairly straightforward basic safety actions you only will get to prevent criminals from having your non-public details michael kors purses Similarly funky and eye catching, the Michael Kors Women's michael kors wallets Quartz Michael Kors watches Tortoise Resin Bracelet Look at is definitely an more wonderful illustration of the timepiece that gives a hip feel towards your traditional design and magnificence
Pretty much each individual gunsmoke Michael Kors Purses Outlet flutters</div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back