Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New user

Teresa

I just got a degree in AutoCAD a year ago so I was new at that when I got this job.We are in the process of changing all of our AutoCAD files to SolidWorks. So everyone here is new to the program. I have only been using SW fo three months and I love it!! but, I have a lot to learn.We make industrial continuous hinges. After they are assembled we cut out grooves for electrical devices. Is there a way in assemblies to fillet the cuts? I thought of making a library feature, but the groove in in both leafs of the hinge and I can not figure out how to get it to look real. If anyone coul give me some help I would really appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!&nbsp ;

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

You cannot adda fillet in assembly. unless you turn the part to editpart. but if you do so the fillet feature will get added to part feature. In practice assembly cuts are not used. Instead you can go for a top down approach. I will give you elobrate suggetion if you sent some supportive images to my mail id.

[email protected]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back