Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

easy question

blah-de-blah

Hi, I'm new to solidworks so I have a really easy question I can't figure out.

Say I have a circle overlapping a triangle drawn from sketching. What is the command so that the overlapping section + the circle is removed?

Thanks. and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I figured it out thanks. I was in sketch, and i found out the answer was to just use trim
smiley36.gif

anyways I have another question now, I'm trying to sweep something but whenever I select my object (which was drawn in sketch mode), I get the error saying

"A profile and path must be provided to define the sweep. The profile may have more than one contour profile for solid sweep. To make a solid sweep, all contours must be closed. Sketch for profile and path must not be pure construction geometry."

What does this mean??

Thanks

You said you selected the object, which I think means the profile sketch; did you also create and select a path sketch? Both of those are required to make a sweep.

HTH,
Lisa B.

Yeah my path sketch is just a straight line and I have no problem selecting that. My profile however is more complicated. Its only letting me select a line from my whole profile and that is why i think im getting the error message..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back