Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Printing problem on older HP Designjet

Neil S

I amhaving a problem with printing on an older (1994) Hewlett Packard plotter, model Designjet 220.

When I send a plotof a solidworks 2005 drawing, the object lines and the dimension lines are missing on the plot. Only the title block and dimension text show up.

My operating system is XP Pro Version 2002, Service pack 2.

Is this a driver problem? Configuration problem? Any ideas on how to make it work?

Ialso print to an HP laserjet with no problem.
Edited by: Neil S

Neil,

I'm not sure about your problem specifically, but you might try setting up a printer driver for an older pen plotter. I used to use the 7585B driver for our Designjet 600. At least on these older plotters, the vector based HPGL language seemed to work better than the raster based HPGL/2 language. You might try the 7585 or a similar pen plotter (is your 220 a 24" wide format? sheet feed only?) that matches your specs better.

Also, have you moved the plotter recently? or changed the connection? I used to run some plotters on 50' parallel cables and it usually was OK, but sometimes it might drop some communications. Not surprising considering they suggested only using a 6' cable, and definitely not over 10'.

rrief

Thanks for the reply.

The 220 is 24 inch wide, sheet feed only.

Plotter has not been moved lately, and was fine for all other plotting work until we tried with Solidworks.

I will try play with alternate drivers.
Edited by: Neil S

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back