Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cut/Extrude in assembly

Amandaergle

I am adding holes to my project in assembly; but when i check the induvidual files for the pieces i am assembling there are no holes. I only have holes in the assembly drawing. Not in the induvidual part files. I have ran into this problem before and i dont remeber how i fixed it the last time. Any help that you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You have to add the holes in just the part file by itself. If you need to do it in the assembly file you will still have to do it in each individual part, but you can right click on the part in the assembly and select edit part. Then anything you do will apply to the part you are editing. If you have one part that has the holes already and you want to transfer them to another part, edit the part you want to transfer them to, insert a sketch, then select all the edges of the holes that you want to transfer, and select convert entities. This will copy all the edges that you select into the current sketch. If you have external references on, the sketch will be fully defined and changing the first part will update the second part. If external references are off, the sketch will not be defined and changing the first part does not update the second.

Hi Amanda,

There is another option, called the Hole Series. I'm not certain what version it started at, but I know it is available in 2006.

Hole Series creates holes at the assembly level, but the hole information gets included in each of the individual part files, too.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Warm regards,
Lisa B.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back