Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hello and Help - Duel Dimension Problem

ArchAngle

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to solidworks and very new to this forum - so Hello, and glad to be here!

I have searched and couldn't find an answer in the forum, so I thought I would ask!

I am having trouble with one of the duel dimensions that I have added to a SLDDRW sheet for a miniature pattern sheet I am making. I have set the units to display decimal and common fractions and for all the units so far, I am getting the correct dimensions in both, except for one - the decimal fraction is 1.66667 and it gives me a fraction of 1 1/1" instead of the correct 1 2/3". I have accuracy set to 5 decimal places, and the fraction to the nearest 96th but for some reason this dimension just won't change to the correct fraction. You can get a copy of the files in zip format here. http://zooplies.com/File_Page.shtml

Any help would be appriciated - I realize there is a simple fix - but my brain just can't find it

Thanks

It shows 1 2/3" for me when I turn on the dual dimensioning. I am running SolidWorks 2007.

Sorry not much help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back