Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Punched Tabs

Buckmurdoc

Hello, I'm very very new to solidworks and i am really in need of help.

I need to figure out how to make a punched out tab, I may not be explaining this properly so i'm going to include a picture. I understand bending a little bit but i'm just looking for the easiest way to make this tab.

yes this is a picture from solidworks, i have imported a dwg file.

http://www.soleilsys.com/anjungleman/punchedtabss.gif

Any help would be great. Thanks

http://www.soleilsys.com/anjungleman/punchedtabss.gif

I also need similar help. I am trying to create a punch/deformation in a part. Basically it is a half-moon shape thatneeds to be deformed on the underside of the part, which will be used in tension fit. I've heard someone call it coining before, but not sure if that is the correct term. Is this in the feature pallet? If not how do I create it? Thanks

Yes, that should be there and many more in your Design Libaray. For info about creating and using your own, search the help files for 'forming tools'.

Steve

Just wanted to add a couple things I had to learn the hard way.....when you activate your design library, make sure you right click the folder you are pulling the forming tool from and put a check mark next to it by just clicking it. This makes it your current folder. When you drap and drop your tool, it's sketch will appear and you can dimension / constrain that easier. Honestly, the forming tool function is tough in SW. Also, a GREAT help is to Google this guy: Mark Ellers, Southeast Community College, Milford, NE, or visit sheetmetalguy.com. Of course, Google-ing Solidworks Sheetmetal gives you some good websites, but theses two helped the most.

Hello, I'm also trying to make a simple punch out like buckmurdoc. I'm using SW 2007 and the design library doesn't seem to have anything that looks like a simple tab. I've also browsed the sheetmetal section. Wow... Can anyone walk me through this? The punched out tab is exactly like buckmurdocs. It's a rectangular tab that is punched.
smiley5.gif

Hellomoto

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back