Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

High quality 3D Human figure

thinkn3d

Does anyone have a source for a high quality 3d human figure that can be used for scale/visualization purposes? I have seen several cartoon like figures but would like to get a more realistic figure to use in machine and assembly layouts. I know that Rhino and other surface modeling packages are more suited to this sort of modeling, but as long as the file can be imported into SW, I don't really care.

Hello,

I have looked for some humanbody's myself whenI was designing wheelchairs.

I could not find any suitable models for free on the internet (at that moment)

If you really need this and you are willing to pay for it then there is a ad-inn for solidworks called BodyWorks. See the website http://www.zetec.co.nz/

The company never bougth it so i never tried it myself, but it looks good.

Good luck

Hi thinkn3D, I have a license for Poser (got it for free) and if you need a
model I can export you one for free.
Any special needs for size and such?
Edited by: m_collner

m_collner:

Thanks for the link and offer to export a model for me. I've downloaded a few of the models and opened them in AutoCAD. I'll be able to bring them into Solidworks easily from there. Do you have a model of a clothed adult worker-type man? I would like to use this model when doing assembly line ergonomic studies and for general scale reference with product development. A serious looking model (no cartoons please) would be best, because the cartoon figures tend to distract the viewer too much. Anytime at your convenience would be fine, as this is not something that has a deadline.

Jared,

That's pretty neat stuff. It's a nice clean model, robust, and haslots of fun moving parts...

$500 is not bad at all for that model, I'd do it if I had human factors to consider on any of my projects right now... What's the justification ofthe "annual renewel fee"?

Jim Shaw
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shawengineering

Well to be honest this is our first software product. We have been building anatomy models for 15 years but never ventured into the software business until now.

Our reasoning behind the yearly fee is that we will be building new characters and adding functionality to the plugin throughout the year that you will get if you are licensed. After the license is expired the plugin stops working so the characters no longer are poseable but will remain static in your scenes.

However, like I said this is our first software product and would love to hear from the community what you think about the price, renewal fee, or anything else that might help us better serve the community.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back