Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

guide curve not intersecting my profile

<br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
I am having a recurring problem with using guide curves on surface and solid lofts. Here is my method: <br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
1- create spline on one plane. <br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
2- create a perpendicular plane coincident to a point on the spline on Plane 1. <br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
3- Create a circle on plane 2 with center coincident to the point from previous step. <br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
When I try to make the loft, it always tells me that the curve does not intersect the profile. <br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
Am I doing something wrong? ...I am always sure to use a distinct sketch for each curve per SW help topic.

I just had this problem come up. Turns out you need to make sure the guide curve intersects/touches the actual PROFILE on your loft, not just a construction element or point on the sketch. I have an image to send for clarity, but cannot attach it here for some reason. . . .

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back