Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Using SolidWorks between Remote Sites

tke402

Hi I'm a network admin for a medium sized company and our engineering dept is opening a facility in China. I have been tasked with coming up with a plan to have both facilities connected and sharingdrawings and models. Currently, PDMWorks Vault is being used here in the US and the latest version of SolidWorks. My question is, are there any users here on this forum that are in the same situation? Do you have an office in the US and one in China? How are your engineers connected? How are files transfered between the sites? How is the performance when transfering files? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TKE402

We use a PDM called Agile (www.agile.com). I don't think we do exactly the same thing with it as you're hoping to accomplish, though.

IIRC, we have mapped network drives that allow people to access files from remote locations, including China, Taiwan, and Japan. Maybe that would work for you?

Audra

Hello,

We pretty much use the same softwares. Were using PDM works and solidworks 2006 and were going to upgrade to 07 soon.

If you find a way to transfer files and keep everyone connected let me know please.

Kind Regards,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back