Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help w/ Drawing...

bhandel

Hello fellow Solidwork Users...

I'm addicted to Solidworks and I have spent countles hours on it. However, I have run into two problems I can not figure out how to do. I'm more of the hands on type learner which makes this hard for the helpers (you)to explain. I'm trying to draw a spring and a ball. Thats all. I have read over and over the Help Topics and can not figure out how to create either. Is there a drag and drop somewhere? Can I get some advice?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you....

The ball and spring should probably be created separately, the ball is a concentric half circle with a center line line of construction geometry from the ends of the arc, then use the revolve feature around the center line, or do the revolved features tutorial that's featured in most versions of solidworks under help-online tutorials- revolved features. The spring is going to be a sweep of a helix, the sweep profile will determine the spring width, the helix is the profile, there might be a tutorial with solid professor on this for free. Best of luck.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back