Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Centerline default length

Edo07

Hi all,

When I sketch a centerline, I would like to have it automatically made of infinite length. I know there's a checkbox to do this, but it's unchecked by default.

Does anyone know how to change that default?

Many thanks in advance,

Edoardo

I haven't seen any way of doing this but I would use it many times.

I'll submit an enhancement request if you will...

Steve

swcalvert said:
I haven't seen any way of doing this but I would use it many times.

I'll submit an enhancement request if you will...

Steve

Steve,

If you could, that would be great - thank you so much!
smiley32.gif

That is not an option and I don't think it will be due to the Sketcher Software Code.

I prefer the fact that they are not infinite because that was very annoying on Pro/E. I use centerlines a lot but almost never use infinite length because of screen clutter.

Do you want that to default to infinite so that it doesn't display your sketch as under constrained? I don't believe there is any difference between the construction line and centerline and know that one a line is set infinite it can't be unset through the property manager because it gets grayed out.
The last point is probably why they don't have an option to set it to be infinite by default. I gues they could change it so that clicking the centerline option to auto check infinite and line to not heck it.

My Suggestions Create a Sketch with 2 infinite centerlines 1 Horizontal and the Other vertical and use the Copy functionality when placing a sketch you want to have infinite centerlines. Within the sketch you can sketch one and use CTRL+drag entity to make a quick copy.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back