Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating "page 2" drawing sheets

CAD guy

I'm fairly new to Solidworks, using Solidworks 2006. It seems Solidworks only has "sheet 1" drawing formats. I want to create drawing sheets for after sheet 1 that are simplier formats (without the entire block as sheet 1). How can I create a "sheet 2" drawing format? I'd like the "sheet 2" format to just have the part number, revision, and sheet number for instance.

Thanks!

Edited by: CAD guy

You can add sheets as follow:

- Right click mouse on anywhere on the sheet.

- Slelect "Add Sheet"

- You can now select a sheet fromat, then press "OK"

Another tip:

for learning Solidworks go to the help menu and select the "online Tutorial"

This is tutorial that's on your own computer, you 're not going online on the internet so you don't need a internet connection to learn solidworks.

In this tutorial you can choose from many subject to learn something about.

Good luck and enjoy

smiley17.gif

You may also want to create a template with multiple sheets in addition to a template with multiple sheets. I've found that you can't add a template as a second sheet, only a format. This means you lose notes and tables etc.

A key to understanding this is that a drawing template and a format are two separate items:

Drawing Template = Drawing Format + tables and notes

Peter

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back