Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro/e to solidworks 7 questions

Natewebb

I'm starting to work with solidworks, I've been doing pro/e for several years. I hope you dont mind helping me out:

1. macros seem limited to a single letter, is there a way to make a 2 letter macro?
2. solidworks doesn't seem to accept negative dimensions, whats the best way to reverse a dimension, for example in a sketch?
3. what's the best way to constrain a sketched spline normal to some reference like a plane (in a sketch)?
4. can the feature tree be a different color than the main window?
5. is there a solidworks equivalent command for the inheritance feature in pro/e?
6. can a sketch be saved as a seperate sketch file? (not a part file)
7. can a curve be split into segments?

muchas gracias!

Answers for your Query.

1. macros seem limited to a single letter, is there a way to make a 2 letter macro?

ANSWER:I'm not clear with this question.(Pls. Clarify)

2. solidworks doesn't seem to accept negative dimensions, whats the best way to reverse a dimension, for example in a sketch?

ANSWER:Drag the sketch with dimension can solve ur problem.

3. what's the best way to constrain a sketched spline normal to some reference like a plane (in a sketch)?

ANSWER:Only 2D Spline Sketch can be constrained to any plane.(Use Fully Defined sketch command)

4. can the feature tree be a different color than the main window?
ANSWER: Yes it can be of Different color( Tools- Options-colors-Color Scheme Setings -Feature tree Selected item,Feature tree Normal item.

5. is there a solidworks equivalent command for the inheritance feature in pro/e?

ANSWER:Configuration is equivalent to Inheritance in Pro/e

6. can a sketch be saved as a seperate sketch file? (not a part file)
ANSWER:It is not possible to save a sketch as sep. file.

7. can a curve be split into segments?
ANSWER:Yes a curve can be split into multiple segments.

Regards,
-Sunil

email : [email protected]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back