Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"zoom to area" tool

alex608

Hi.

In lesson 2-assemblies of the "online tutorial" that is built into solidworks 2004, the lesson says to use the "zoom to area" tool and to"drag select"an area of the part-->to turn the "zoom to area" tool off and then to select the front face of the thin wall.

Question 1:

When i click on the "zoom to area" tool and then place my "arrow" [which turns into a circle] over the corner as shown, it results in the picture getting huge---->>>

----Is that what is supposed to happen>

Question 2:

I am supposed to click on "extruded cut" andthen front face of the thin wall wall--->i've been unable to highlight the front face

Hopefully someone will be familiar with what i am talking about and explain it to me.

Thank you in advance

Alex

zoom to area zooms to the size of the square you draw. draw a bigger square around what you are trying to zoom to. then right click and pick select, this will let you select the thin wall that you are trying to select.

if you go into tool - customize- keyboard you can set up a short cut for teh zoom to area tool, I have it set as shift+F and it saves tons of time.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back