Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Curve Through X,Y,Z Points

Dbudworth

I need some help from you previous Pro-E users. I need to create a tube through a series of x,y,z points. But need to have a specified radius and straights between each point. I want the "pipe" feature in Pro-E. Is the only way to create this is by using a 3-D curve. I suck at using them, very tedius to use. Currently using SW 2004. Thanks in advance.

DB

Draw your sketch in 3-d do the tutorial that comes with solidworks making the bar-b-q grill. It will up your confidence to draw in 3-d its not that hard, just a few things to learn. Profile and path are all you really need to learn, the path is what the profile will be extruded along. Just look up the swept boss/ bass tool and this should only take you a few minutes. I find that if it is taking too long in SW it is because I am doing it the wrong / hard way, butthe damn program wants everything done in a certain order.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back