Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

part lenth

rarredondo

I created a u-channel sheetmetal part in Solidworks and used the blind selection to type in the d1 length of the part. I now want to change this d1 dimension, I know there has to be an easy way to do this, but I cannot find it. When I try to edit the sketch, only the dimensioned profile of the u-channel is exposed, not the length.

Thanks

double click the feature in the feature manager (the left side of the screen) the dimension will show

Ben

I am using 2003, I tried both suggestions but only the profile of the original sketch dimensions are exposed. The length of the u-channel dimension still does not show up to change. I was able to change the lenght by using the cut command and referencing a line that was placed on the sheet metal flat, but this is very cumbersome. I would think there would be an easier way.

I think I found the probelm, I was exiting the sketch command before I created the sheet metal part. If you do this, the dimension does not show up. I re-created the part, this time I stayed inside the sketch command, then created the sheet metal part. Now when I double click in feature manager, the dimension is shown.

Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back