Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cut-extrude in sketched bend

twisted

Hi,

While making a model in Solid Works using sheet metal I came to a problem I can't solve.
I made a cilinder using sketched bend. Because it is for a prototype of a seat i had to make to cilinders. One with a radius of 300 and one with a radius of 297. (They are fixed inside eachother).

While making the bigger one there was no problem. So i thought, i copy that one and just adjust the size of the circle. That went ok.
But then came the problem, i cut out a part out of the cilinder using cut-extrude.

In the big cilinder there was no problem, but making the smaller one i got the error: "Operation failed due to geometric conditions".

I tried many things, make the part totally new, but with that small radius it just wont work. I made new sketches to cut-extrude, but nothing will work with the smaller radius.

Does anybody have an idea where the problem can be? Hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hello twisted,

I don't know were the cut is, but you can try to cut the sketch of the cylinder and then make extrude. May be this helps. Or delete the thick for "Normal cut".

Regards

Chris

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back