Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3 bladed propeller??

etimolod

Hello,

I'm an engineeringstudent at the University of west of england in bristoland i'm looking to draw a 3 bladed airplane propeller on solidworks. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this or do they have a file of a propeller already drawn so i can see how they have done it?

Your help will be much appreciative

Andrew Jones

I have done a ton of this. First get Design Foil (do a google search) you can export the profile of the blade from there directly. You will have to figure this part out your self. Next using the profile create other sketchs at differing distances from the hub along a axis (have the sketch 1/4 cord at this axis) and at the pitch angles at the appropriate planes. Next loft the profiles and this should give you the first blade (end treatment of the blade is up to you)

Next create a axis at the rotation of the prop and circular array the blade.

This is really a basic idea of how to do this I hope it helps get you started

Ben
www.Mountain-Wave.ca
http://mountain-wave.blogspot.com/ <--- video podcast tutorials on Solidworks here

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back