Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Including iso view in flat state drawing

Edo07

Hello all,

I'm using SW 2005and would appreciate suggestions on how to include an isometric view of a sheetmetal part in a drawing that contains the model's flat state. I looked all over the Help file but couldn't find anything about this.

Here are the details: I created a new drawing with two views of the model's flat state; when Itry to include a new drawing view I'm giventheusualoptions (default orientations, default views, and flat state), but cannot include the one I want - i.e. the isometric view in "unflattened" state.

If I suppress the flat state in the model, then the drawing itself isrebuilt to reflect this change. Seems like I can't have a representation of the two states in the same sheet. Is there a way out?

Thank you in advance for your help and best regards,

Edoardo

Hi all...

The option to include the flat state is available by default- if you're using a version of SW with which nobody has tampered...
smiley7.gif

We installed the application onto a brandnew computer and everything ran jsut fine.

So much for my first post to this forum - I hope the next ones will make more sense...
smiley9.gif

Edo

I know this is an ancient topic, but I'm new here so thought I could help if anyone else is having a similar problem.
What you need to do is create a new configuration - have one config for the folded part, and another for the flattened part. Go to your drawing and drag in your flat blank, switch back to the model, change the config to the folded part go back to the drawing then drag in your iso. You may have to refresh the views before they become available though.

Hi
On the view that you want to be a ISO one right click ->Properties and under Configuration information choose the folded configuration

Nucu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back