Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Animating Suspension Components

idjit

Hey guys,
I ran across this link:
http://www.3dauto.com/viewinteractivefile8534.php
You need shockwave to view it

This is almost precisely what I need to do for a school project on suspension bumpers for independent suspensions. I'd basically like to do that simulation/animation. I have already built the model in Solidworks, but would like to animate the components as it drives along a road.
I was wondering if anyone new if a rendering like this is possible in Solidworks, and what I'd need to do somethingg like that. I am trying to animate some suspension components as a car moves along a potholes and such, but

1. Is there anyway to render a road in this manner, and have the car move through road depressions, and bumps?
2. Is there anyway to get this type of background, Does anyone know of any templates I could use to get something like this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi, First thing is if you want a animation than a simulation, thenyou go for a Animation package like 3DSMAX, i think this is a better option for you. because what u have seen there is not a simulation but animation. And the kind of animation that site is showing is very difficult to do it in SolidWorks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back