Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Plot all Drawings in Assembly

WookieWookie

OK, am i the only one that is blown away at the fact that it is hard as heck to print an entire drawing package for an assembly? For any one assembly we use (5 - 75 parts) most of the parts are stored in many different locations (reused from an older job or whatever). The problem this creates is "how do you print all the drawings from one assembly, when all the drawing files are stored all over the place?"

If there was a batch plot utility that would allowme to specifiy an assembly and it would plot all the drawings associated with that assembly, man, that would be great. I have only found batch plot utilities that you have to specifie each file and like i said, ours are spead all over.

If anyone has a solution for printing all the drawing files associated with an assembly please tell me...i'm sure it will save me alot of scripting time...

Sorry man, with drawings in different directories, you might be screwed. You could try to write a macro yourself that could pull it off?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back