Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Helps with vrml

zalb76

Hi I need a little help with pro-engineer export. I successfully export a pro-e part in vrml format, but when I try to look it with a vrml viewer(not PTC product) the program say that is not able to visualize the file. My question is: the problem is due to pro-e, that requiere a particular viewer? In this case where I can find it?

T.I.A

Alberto

pro/e exports vrml in the older format ( vrml1) . most vrml browsers these days run only VRML97(vrml2) format. Thats why you are facing the problem of visualization. What I suggest is that you try CORTONA from www.parallelgraphics.com . After installing the CORTONA 4, install the VRML 1 converter (http://www.parallelgraphics.com/bin/vrml10conv.exe). Now you can view your model. Incase, you still don't see anything on the screen ..click on the FIT button in the browser.

Another option would be to find a VRML1 viewer....but i'd prefer CORTONA.

Niki

Thanks a lot to everyone! My problem was the vrml 1.0 version of the file, I solved it with Cortona, like Niki said, now my pro-e vrml files function perfectly!!!

Thanks again

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back