Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CosmosXpress

SSLaser

COSMOSXpress seems to have a bug, where the FOS is twice what it should be and the stress and deformation are half what they should be.

I know no one uses it for any serious analysis, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this. If so, is there any way to know if this bug carries over to CW?

Background:In a training class that touched on CX, it wasdiscovered that certain computers were yielding different results for the sameanalysis. The part analyzed was a training part- everyone had the same part, and the training book showed what the results should be. We copied a file from a computer that ran it correctly to a different computer, and the FOS results weretwo times that ofthe original computer.The instructorverified multiple times that the setup up was correct.
Edited by: SSLaser

Wow, I was not aware of this with Cosmos Express. No I know it is only for getting to go in the right direction but I thought it would be fairly correct in its analysis. What I like about it, is that it is embeded and you don't have to load anything else up. However, there are free analysis softwares out there that are full functioned and I guess I will have to start using them. Too bad, however, it was so easy to get to. Thanks for that information. I hope Solid Works is reading these user comments.

I hope they read it also!

The instructor did some asking around- he is certain the CX bug does not affectCW at all.

note: I edited the OP, the FOS was twice, not half what it should be...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back