Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

newb question

vladd

Tried to search but couldn't find this, maybe i'm doing something wrong. Everytime i go to use solidworks i have to go to tools>options and switch it to ansi and IPS units, it there a way to make it save this as the default?

You shouldset up units, variables, etc. in a start part. You would then have different start parts for SI, ANSI/IPS, or any other combination of units you can dream up.

For instance, at my company we have two start parts for parts (metric & IPS) and for assemblies.

There is some documentation on this in theonline help but I thought it was kind of sketchy. If this doesn't help, write back and I (or someone here!) will step you through it.

So you're saying just save a part and use it instead of clicking "new" each time?

Or is a start part something else?

Try this, go to help and then online help topics, under the index tab, type "new, part document". In this section there is a Online Tutorial. This tutorial should help explain what SSLaser is talking about. There is also a section about "storing templates" that may be helpful.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back