Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Design Table Formatting (cropping)

lcolom

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />How do I format a design table in drawing?

Once I place the table in the drawing, I see too many cells and I cannot crop the table (see picture)

2006-02-17_123404_bad-table.JPG

I am using SW 2006

Thanks Luis

Double-click in the table- you then manipulate the borders by clicking and dragging them to show only the cells you want. The borders "adhere" to cell boundaries.

After you've shown only the cells you want, click in the drawing field. You should then be able to resize the table.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help, I got it to work!
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
When I double clicked on the table in the drawing, it opened the model and showed the Design table in the model. I had done this many times before. This time I resized the table in the model, and then I had to deleted from the drawing and insert it again to see the changes in the drawing.

I am not sure if it is me or if it is Solidworks but it seemed like I had to take to many steps to do a simple task.

I've noticed the number of steps too. I'm actually sitting in a SW Basic Training course right now... I'll let you know if this is "intended functionality" when (and if) we get to design tables...

The table opening in the part rather than the drawing appears to be intended functionalility;however, the instructor in the training course I'm taking appeared to be surprised when it didn't open in the drawing. He seemed to think it was the service pack.

Too many clicks for something so simple...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back