Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Views Slow

dld3

When I click on a new drawing view, it takes an incredibly long time for the drawing to update even when nothing has been changed. On another PC, Windows 200with2006 sp0it seemed towork very fast butit became slow again after a few hours.

So I took the files local with a very fast PC, XPwith 2G RAM, Solidworks 2006sp3and NVIDIA approved card and solidworks config set up. Still incredibly slow while switching drawing views. I'd like to work as I've seen it work on the other PC.

What am I doing wrong?

Dave

These are justsome suggestions and it might take a little experimentation to get them to work. If you go to tools/options and look under drawing display style there are a few changes that can be made to speed things up. You can also look under tools/options performance to change settings there that might help you out a bit. This may or may not fix your problem but I would experiment with these settings to see what works best. I have some of the same slow down issues no matter what I am doing in Solidworks at certain times of the day but we are working from a central server here and that is the problem. Working locally can help with speed issues also but its not always an option. Sorry I don't have any direct solutions to your problem hope these suggestions help you out.

Chris

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back