Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing templates

Soundprojects

Hi there, this is my first post here.

I have a problem
smiley19.gif

Im trying to create a standard drawing template using custom properties, but those custom properties wont show up in my drawing (even if i import a part into it.....howcan i assign the custom properties to the right tables in my drawing?

hope anybody has an easy solution.

Thanx in advance

Its been a while since I took my Drawing and Detailing class plus things have changed alot since Solidworks 2003 but I still tend to reference my Detailing book quite a bit. If you check out www.schroff.comthere is a book by Marie Planchard on Detailing and Drawing with Solidworksthat will give you information on making templates and adding custom properties. If you can give a few more details on your problem I can check my book and see if there is an easy solution. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Thanx for the attempt at helping me but ive figured it out (well most of it
smiley1.gif
)

It had to do with assigning the custom properties to the annotations its pretty straightforward after all but it took a long while to figure it out.

the next thing i will have to figure out is how to save an anchor for the bill of materials so it will appear in the right place every time...

Glad those templates are over with now
smiley11.gif
smiley4.gif

Thanx for the help xerogs

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back