Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Problems

Dan_Hendry

3Questions for Solid works 2005:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1. I have a master assembly from which I have generated a BOM, parts level. What I want to do is do drawings of sub assembles using the same numbering as what is seen on the master BOM. How would you do this?

2. I have a drawing of an assemblythat has 1 hidden line visible. All other hidden lines are hidden and a drawing of the part its self has all hidden lines hidden. I have hit rebuild but the line is still there. How can this error be fixed.

3. When using balloons the size of the leaders seems to randomly change. The defaults are set, but between balloons, the size changes. It is especially noticeable when taking multiple leaders from a single balloon.

Any suggestions for any problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

<DIV>Problem one: Couldn't you just "add sheet" and show your subassemblies using your overall assembly in different hide/show configurations.</DIV>
<DIV>
smiley1.gif
</DIV>
<DIV>Problemtwo: I'm guessing the problem hidden line is a circle showing up from a threaded feature. I have seen this many times and go back to the original solid model and "un-collapse" the offending feature and hide everything there.</DIV>
<DIV>
smiley4.gif
</DIV>
<DIV>problem three:don't know.
smiley9.gif
</DIV>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back