Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hole Wizard: Sketch point is fixed

cadgod

I just switched to a new computer that a former supervisor/co-worker had (he left for a new job). Well, I am working in SW 2006 and for some reason when I click a face and then hole wizard, once I've selected a hole and its parameters I go to positions and that point it gives you where you clicked the face to start has a fixed relation. I've been using SW since the 2001 release and have never seen this before. Plus we've been on 2006 since november and my old comp I never had this happen. It's easy to fix, just click and delete the relation or the point all together, but that makes for extra steps on every hole I make. I'm sure its a setting somewhere I can't find. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by: cadgod

I know that in 2005 you had to unselect the point tool to move on in the process. This doesn't sound like that but I'd try it if I were you.

What if you started the wizard first and then selected the face.

Steve

Even previous to 2005 you had to deselect the point to put dimensions and relations into the sketch. If you start the hole wizard first it becomes a 3D sketch. I may resort to just having the software reinstalled. Thanks for trying. Any other ideas let me know!!!

That's what I've been doing, but when you are putting in 30 different holes or more a day that time adds up.

I actually got this resolved yesterday, I was coming in to post up what it was. In 2006 when you select Tools/System Options/Sketch and select "Use fully defined sketches" it causes this to happen. It is a glitch/bug and solidworks knows about it now and will be addressing it. When I unchecked that option, it went away, no more fixed point in the hole wizard.

Thanks,

Jasen

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back