Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Adding self drawn assembly to toolbox

moss

good day,

first of all, i'm an autocad user who has just started using solidworks, so, there are stil a couple of things about solidworks that i'm not quite sure of.

i have a cylinder which i plan to use it extensively on my current project. the method that i'm using now is "insert->components->existing parts/assembly".

the problem now is that i cannot have separate specifications for each cylinder (i need to have varaiations in cylinder's stroke) each time i update the stroke, the stroke of the other cylinders follows.

hence, my question is, can i insert a standard part (cylinder) from other files without the links? (just like in autocad's cut & then paste).

or perhaps i can add the cylinder into my toolbox as an assembly?i can just simply add the cylinder by click on the toolbox & insert the stroke length?

i would be grateful if anyone can provide a solution to my problem. any form of advice/suggestions are welcomed. thank you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back