Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SolidWorks with existing FlexLM server

craglett

Hi

This is my first post here and i am hoping you will be able to help me.

I have two existing licensing servers running the FlexLM service with Maya, 3DS Max 5/6/7, Architectural Desktop 3.3/2004/2005/2006, Combustion plus others split across the two. So far I have managed to run these packages in harmony by integrating the lines from the licence file for each package into one or two main licence files on each server.

I feel I am quite experienced at getting FlexLM working but am stumped with this one. I don't want to have to run a 3rd licensing server as room is at a premium but if I try to integrate the SolidWorks licence file into my existing files it causes problems and if I try to run the SolidNetWork Licence Manager in the way it was intended it just hogs the server and stops the other packages working.

I hope you can help as it seems the only solution to me at the moment is to set up a third licensing server.

I have a low end PC under my desk that I have Unigrahics and Pro/E licenses servered from. When it came time to load my SW license file, I decided that since my SW file was using a different version of Globetrotter, that it might be better to start using another server for the licenses. maybe you're running into different versions of the Flexlm software...

Steve

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back