Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Large Assembly Management

gcook

Hello folks. I have been tasked to look into large assembly creation and was wondering what other users thoughts are on creating large assemblies in solidworks. I am interested in whether or not you think solidworks handles large assemblies well and some typical methods that you use to handle large assemblies and/or are you able to open the entire large assembly into memory without changing the full master integrity of the models etc?

If I have most of the assembly set to llightweight and I'm still moving slowly, I start suppressing parts. A lot of times if I suppress all the fasteners, for example, It will speed right back up for me.

Then just set them back to resolved when it's time to do a drawing or export a BOM...

I have turing down some setting under tools options menu then it speeds up faster for large assemblie. Still not as good as Pro-e thou

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back