Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tubeshapes

dfalcon217

Greetings all, I am completely new to the CAD world. I come from a CAM (Mastercam) background. We are in the automotive air intake and exhaust business. I'm trying to figure out which would be the best way to begin sketching the geometry for tubes shapes. Just about everything is done in .065" wall 6061 and stainless tubing, anywhere from .75" to 4." diameters.

Im not sure if I should try sketching half the pipe dia and revolving then extruding or if there might be simpler ways.

Thanks,

-Dave

u can enter the points how you want your tube to be and you can make a protusion at one end by selecting pipe option under extrude. Its the easiet way i think and then later on you can modify your points to the location you want them to be. let mw know if you have any problems in undertanding.

Dear dfalcon217

it's very easy. let me know your data? is your tube having so many bends?

you can create thru datum curve also and points also,

see it's has to work regards.Sudhir

Well until I get the hang of it, I am trying to draw a a tube with only (1) 90* bedn at the center. I am attempting to draw a 3" OD X .065" Wall tube 10" long with a 90* bend at the center of the tube length.

1. Sketch a closed, non-intersecting profile on a plane or a face......or just do pipe OD / ID

Create the path for the profile to follow. Use a sketch, existing model edges, or curves....which starts on a plane perpendicular to first sketch

sweep_simple_sketches.gif

1 = Profile
2 = Path

1. Click one of the following:

Swept Boss/Base
Tool_Swept_Boss_Base_Features.gif
on the Features toolbar or Insert, Boss/Base, Sweep[/list]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back