Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Add a extra perspective

SanRox

I would like to know if I can add a extra perspective at Solid Works. You've got already Isometric,Trimetric en Dimetric, but I would like to add the next perspective: from left to right 30 degre,90 gdegre,60 degre

How can I add this perspective?

Hi:

yes you can add as many as new views as you want.

You have to rotate the figure first to the angle by which you want it to be rotated. You can rotate a body using in soildworks using..

1)Insert-->Features-->Move/Copy...

select the bodies that you wanna rotate and specify the angles of rotation there.

2) Keeping the view as it is.. Go,

Standard views-->view orientation-->new view ... u can define a new view.

but the problem here is.. the standard views are also affected by move/copy command.

So its better to rotate thebody manually, using rotate command to satisfied new angle, then define the new view as explained in step2. U can use this new view in drawings as well.

hope this helps..

sree

Hi SanRox:

I guess it must be okay if u set -30, -60 angles in y and Z directions under copy. but the problem is the standard viewsalso affected by this.

see if this works for u..

sree

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back