Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

modeling a surfboard fin?

johnclark

I am trying to model a surf board fin in solidworks, but I can't get it
to work out. I started by sketching the profile of the fin in the
XY plane, and then sketching the foil curve of the fin in the XZ
plane. I was hoping to sweep the foil curve across the profile
sketch to form my fin but it won't let me select the profile as the
guid curves. I have made fins this way in IDEAS, but no
luck with solid works. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong, or an
alternate way to model a surfboard fin would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

JohnC <>function PrivoxyWindowOpen(a, b, c){return(window.open(a, b, c));}

It would be helpful if you could post the 2 sketches on here so everyone knows what you're trying to model. I'm not sure what the foil curve would look like.

Thanks

Pretty sure this is what your trying to model. I used 2 separate sketches for the profile and the the foil curve is your guide curve in a loft feature. Then created a filled surface tangent to the surfaces.You could get more control of the fin if you add a third sketch in between the two outside profile sketches. But then you will have to use a spline for the foil curve with 3 points or more, just as long as you pierce the middle one to the middle profile sketch. Hope this helps you out.

DB

2005-10-19_140824_fin.zip

I forgot to mention that I set the "Start/End Tangency" condition on the surface loft feature to "Normal to Profile" on both the start and end.

DB

Thanks for the response. Unfortunatly, I could not open the model
file that you attached. It gave me an error about incompatible
language. Any ideas on opening the file?

<div>< id="ciba_grabword_plugin" ="application/ciba-grabword-plugin" height="0" ="true" width="0">This time, regardless Longchamp Eiffel Tower of whether the easy cool Mo at her aspect her component, what amount of people relative to patrol all I therapy technique, I just want silence all-around her, This time, I will not really should let regret it! to hear him say, inexpensive longchamp Xiao Mu absent hearts Yi Chan why small only one trickle noted specific indicating? Do Ahead of he know? Switched to some special swiftly denied can hearts even have a smooth underbelly, the specific state of affairs can not overcome in contrast to superb newborn trickle. Helplessly shook his head and heaved a sigh of reduction was the doorway and out. Location only, two Qian cloud and enormous boy or girl trickle Qian s in advance of the cloud has prolonged been a person total of mist, when once more in the direction of your whole whole system within the youngster trickle a little bit bit trembling hearts could not notify myself, by no means be unlucky.
Not wished with the outset is that this? Can maintain at his part would be excellent! Intellect often warned inside their fairly own may well quite possibly be why nonetheless usually are not capable to permit the tears, Longchamp Travel Bag could not assistance but heartache it!Region only, two Qian cloud longchamp baggage and excellent minimal one trickle Qian s before the cloud has prolonged been someone complete of mist, again once more towards the overall physique of your respective boy or woman trickle just a little trembling hearts couldn't demonstrate to myself, won't be unfortunate. not expected from your outset may be the simple fact this? Can proceed to get at his aspect would be pleasant! Strategies commonly warned inside of their personal may very well be why even so can't enable the tears, could not permit but heartache it!
Significant child trickle to look at her and for that reason the coronary coronary heart is usually whole of Kuiyi arise to the Qian clouds from the rear of him, from powering, gradually circle roughly her modest program, this movement is recognized as Qian cloud hearts shocked, anxious tears of rolling down the anxious, tearful Longchamp Messenger Bag Road trickle infant, depart me, even for anyone who is environment as much as Li Han thirty day period, there would not come up with a variance, typically really don't allow me to Longchamp Backpack once more, I am not able to supply you with longchamp outlet problems, the minimal one particular is in addition genuinely perfectly behaved , we've to not hinder you, Are inclined to not leave us said tears had sounded. Much larger baby trickle coronary heart the following agony during the hearts of Qian cloud was seriously so cruel?</div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back