Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bulding a Model from Lines

like_Solid

In the sketch, I have built a shpae using regular line.

1. I want to extrude the new shape (to add thickness), how should I do this? (the lines are forming a closed shape, but I can still change each line).

2. I want to fill the the said shape with color, but since it's a number of lines, there is no shape to fill. Agaian, how do I form the shape?

My guess up until now is that I need to join (or weld) the lines so I can get a closed shape.

Thanks.

Hi

I am not sure if this will help you but when you want to extrude a shape it needs to be closed with no additional lines open. Sometimes I will get a error message if I have asmall line that is not closedattached tothe shape I want to extrude. You can change the color of the extrude by selecting the extrude in the feature design tree(left click it) then open the coloreditor. You can also change the colorof each side of the extrude by having the color editor open and left clicking the side you want colored on the extruded model. If you are brand new to Solidworks there are tons of tutorials that come with it which can explain everything better than I.

Good luck
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back