Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Change Drawing Format

abm23

I've created several drawings in SW and now have a new format I'd like
to use in place of the old one. Does anyone know if there's a
simple way to switch the format? Or do I need to make the
drawings over using the new format from the beginning?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I think this is how it works -

With your new format up, select "Save Sheet Format" in the File menu. Save this with the other Solidworks sheet formats.

Then, in the drawing that you want to change, go to the Sheet Properties. From there you should be able to select your new sheet format.

Good luck!

Nick

Thanks Nick. I think I used the wrong term in my original
message, though. It's the template I want to switch (i.e. default
font size, arrows, etc.) Sorry about that. Any ideas?

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Well, that's a head scratcher. I tried a couple things, but I couldn't find a way to easily switch the document options to those of a different template. Probably best to startover, or to just go through and alter the attributes that you want changed.

Nick

I believe you have to have certain admin rights to do so. I work with a company and we have 25 licenses. There is a director over me that has certain rights to set that up becuase he came to me when we bought Solidworks anf asked me to pick all the options I wanted as a standard. Call Solidworks and ask them, they could walk you through it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back