Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SolidWorks Integration with Windchill?

cbrivkalns

Does anyone have any experience using SolidWorks with Windchill PDMLink or ProjectLink? Our shop uses both SolidWorks and Pro/E, and we have access to PDMLink and ProjectLink viaourPTC licenses. However, before we implement Windchill, we'd like to have a better idea of how well Windchill functions when used with SolidWorks.

Very Respectfully,

C. Brivkalns

I don't think there is enough of a user base here on mcadcentral to give you advice. Have you tried the ptcuser.org exploder yet? Maybe you could have luck with your solidworks reseller.... sometimes they are not so knowledgeable at least with respect to extensive experience.

We use both ProE and SolidWorks with Windchill PDMLink 8.0. We're using SW 2005 but are going to upgrade to 2006 shortly.

We've had a few problems in the past but now it's working quite smoothly.

The interface of the WorkGroup Manager isa bit old style ( similar to Intralink 3.x )compared to ProE. It's also confusing to swith between the PDMlink browser and the SW WGM.Features missing includes loading a part from disk with higher revision than 0 as well as knowing if a SW user has a part or drawing in its Workspace.

However, as from PDMLink 9.0 all this will change and the SW WGM will be almost identical with ProE:s WGM. It won't be integrated in SW but it will have the same interface in a separate window.....bye bye to all pop-up windows flashing by....

My advice, wait until PDMLink 9.0 is released, F000 is scheduled for August 2007. I'm pretty sure that you will be satisfied with the functionallity then.

Regards

Magnus

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back