Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Section View

abm23

Does anyone know how to make a section view in a drawing that ISN'T referenced from a parent view? I want my section view to be the ONLY drawing on the sheet.

Thanks for the help,

Aaron

The only way I have seen it done is to create a configuration in your model that has the section view cut and make a drawing of that configuration.

Thanks for your reply. I've actually tried doing that - making a
section view in my model and then creating a drawing using that - but
the model in the drawing always comes out "whole" as opposed to a
section view. Obviously I'm doing something wrong here....is
there anything special I need to do in order to get the section view
configuration to appear in my drawing?

Thanks,

Aaron

What I meant was to actually extrude a cut through the model in another configuration. It's not just an extra view configuration but another part configuration. When in the drawing click on the view and make sure it is posting to the correct model configuration in the properties. You will have to input the Hatching and everything yourself. Hope that helps.

Shawn

I did think of one other thing. It's kind of a fudge but it worked for me. If you move the view that you took the section from in the drawing outside of the drawing border it does not show up on the hard copy version. I don't know if it shows up in the PDF or not.

Shawn

Hey, thanks. Dragging the parent view outside of the drawing border worked perfectly. It didn't show up on the pdf.

Aaron

You can hide any view on a drawing by right clicking the view and select HIDE. It looks more professional if you plan on sending a native drawing file to a customer.
Edited by: GFARBER

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back