Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Helical Sweep

Dbudworth

Trying to create a helical sweep in SW, have Service pack 2.1 currently. Just wondering if their is a bug in this version. I create a helical curve, and then a cross section for thesweep and pierce the section to the curve (path) should work, right?

It Should work fine. I tried it on sw2004 sp2.1 this morning and worked just fine. Is SW giving you and error message or just not doing it? I only swept a rectangle. How complicated is your cross sections?

Try doing a simple rectangle and get an error

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> </v:shape></v:shape></v:shape>

That looks just like what I did. If you want you can send a copy ofa file with the same curves at [email protected] to see if there is an option you are using different than I am. I even tried putting the profile in the middle of the guide curve and it still worked.

I am having a similar problem with 2004 in that I can not select the path. it light but is never slected. has anyone found the solution to this?

Don

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back