Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SW2004 Training Manuals

paulsage

I have been a ProE user for the past 6 years and I now have to start using Solidworks. Does anybody have any recommendations for a good training manual or reference guide that I can purchaseto help me find out how to do get around in solidworks. Basic tasks like showing and modifying feature locating dimensions baffle me at the moment. Converted model data (from ProE2001) shows only 1 locating dimensions for a cut feature. Where are the other dimensions?

Any Help?

I'm in the same boat as you, I can feel your pain. I've been a Pro-E user for 5 years and had to switch over to SW too, due to job change. I started out with the Online Tutorialunder the Help menu of Solidworks. It was a good place to start for me.

I would find out who the SW rep is. You might be able to purchase the training manuals they have for the classes. They may let you have the manuals without taking the course, but it is worth asking. I still find the manuals useful when using a feature I don't use very often.

Thanks All.

I have been going through the online tutorials as time permits and they are not bad. I picked up a "Solidworks for Designers" book and I also printed hard copies of the "Intro to SW" and the "What's New" sections of the online help. These two resources have helped me with some of my questions, butI stillsigned up for the a Parts & Assemblies traing course. There are enough goofy things happening with my models that I am gonig to try to pick somebody's brain, in person, at the training.

Hi

This is a very late post on this subject but I just started browsing this forum. SDC publications has many tutorial books on Solidworks. Marie Planchard was my Professor at MassBay community college and her step by step books are helpful in learning Solidworks. Hope this helps anyone else browsing this forum looking for step by step tutorials and explanations. I think most of the books are up to Solidworks 2005 version.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back