Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Renumber Balloons

cvuser

I have a drawing and am trying to renumber balloons it tells me that the balloon is BOM driven and to change properties to custom. The problem is then the renumbering doesn't reorder BOM. How can I get the order in the BOM to become dependent on the balloon number.

I am not sure if I completely understand your question, but you need to remember that the order components show in the feature tree are the way they will be numbered in the balloons. Also, the default for BOMs is to list them in order as they show in the feature tree. The best way to renumberparts is toreorder them in the feature tree. That will update balloons and the BOM. Sometimes the BOM can be a little touchy, and you might need to delete it and add it again. I don't think you want to renumber the balloons yourself, it will cause more problems down the road. Hope that helps

If you are using the Solidworks BOM not excel. if you click on the header of the BOM. The property manager will have a button for BOM contents, in here you can re-order the components. This is much easier then the re-order of the assy tree.

This is what the guys from sw said:
The default order of the components in the BOM is the same as the order in the assembly FeatureManager design tree. The components are numbered and counted.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back