Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Regenerating instance views

rkaisner

I have an assembly with a family table. The family table instances show various positions of the components in the assembly. Along with this, I have a drawing that shows all of these various family table instances as seperate views.

The problem: when I modify one of the components and try to regenerate my drawing, the only views that update are the generic and the current active instance view. How do I go about getting ProE to regenerate all views/all instances?

I have noticed this problem on a couple of occasions. Even if I verify all the changes in the family table, my drawing views do not tend to update unless I make that view/model active. (As a note, we are using ProE 2001.)

Does View > Update > All Sheets work in this case?

We have a mapkey that regens the model, draft & redraws all views - it's a quick way of making sure a drawing is current.

mapkey rd #REGENERATE;#MODEL;#AUTOMATIC;#CURRENT VALS;mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `View`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `View.cb_view_regen`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `View.cb_view_regen`;mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_regen_all`;

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back